- Install the included HQ software on a PC/laptop and check for CS1000 updates in HQ by inserting a USB drive into the computer. If you do not have an HQ install disk, you can download it HERE.
- HQ may ask you to register for free the first time you start it. After doing so, you can add equipment to the HQ Equipment Locker and update the software for your devices.
- To update your device, click the updates button in the top left menu bar, then select your device, (You can also click on your CS1000 on the left in the Equipment Locker, and click the update button that appears on the right). You must be connected to the internet to update your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once downloaded, simply insert the USB drive into the CS1000, power it on and agree to install the update when it prompts you.
- If it doesn’t accept the update on the first try, try again by removing the USB thumb drive and plugging it back in. If your device is already up to date, nothing will happen.
- If you update your device software, HQ will show it as a pending update until you import new inspection jobs again from your device again.
If a yellow attention icon appears next to any of your equipment listed in the equipment locker, it indicates HQ recognizes that as a new or unregistered device. After you register your equipment, this icon will no longer appear.