The SR‑24 functions by measuring an electromagnetic signal and estimating the position of its source. The SR‑24 can locate the signal transmitted by a RIDGID SeekTech transmitter or Sonde, other manufacturer’s transmitters, or passive signals from surrounding metallic conductors.
- Insert four fully charged, size C, alkaline batteries into the battery compartment and turn the knob clockwise to close.
- Unfold the antenna mast and lock it into place.
- Power on by pressing the Power Key.
- Set the receiver and the transmitter to the same frequency.
- Begin tracing the line at a logical starting place such as the transmitter hook up point.