Note: When the ST-33Q+ is powered on and in Direct Connect Mode, only hold the cable leads by the plastic sheathing. Do not touch the metal scraper tip, teeth, or magnet.
- With one cable lead attached to the ground stake and the other attached to the target conductor, press the Power key to power on the ST-33Q+.
Upon start up, the ST-33Q+ measures the current flowing through the target conductor and beeps to indicate output. Faster beeps indicate a higher output current.
- Select a frequency by pressing the Frequency key until the desired frequency appears or pressing and holding the Frequency key to show a list of available frequencies. Press the Up and Down Arrow keys to move through the list. When the desired frequency is highlighted, press the Select key to activate it.
Note: In addition to the default frequencies, the ST- 33Q+ can also accept custom frequency settings up to 490 kHz. See the section on adding custom frequencies in the Operator’s Manual for more details.
- Follow the instructions in the receiver’s Operator’s Manual to power on and use the receiver. Ensure the frequency on the receiver matches the ST-33Q+. If the receiver signal increases when held near the ST-33Q+, it is correctly picking up the transmitted frequency.
- Adjust the current as needed during the locate by pressing the Up and Down Arrow keys on the ST-33Q+. In Direct Connect Mode, the ST-33Q+ increases the current as close to the following levels as possible:
100 mA (default)
- After completing the locate, press the Power key to power off the ST-33Q+.
Note: To reduce the risk of electrical shock, power off the ST-33Q+ before disconnecting the leads and remove the lead from the target conductor before removing the lead from the ground stake.