SeeScan Terms of Service
SeeScan, Inc. (“SeeScan,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides the SeeSnake applications known as SeeSnake HQ and HQx Live (“Apps”), as well as the supporting website and services located at support.seesnake.com (“Sites”), for use solely in conjunction with SeeSnake hardware products (“Products”). The term “Services” means the Sites, Apps, and Products (including any generated media and content) provided by SeeScan, Inc.
These Terms of Service (“Terms” or “Agreement”) govern your access to, and use of, the Services. Please read these Terms carefully.
THESE TERMS ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS THROUGH A SITE, WEB APP OR MOBILE APP, OR BY ACCESSING AND USING THE SERVICES (INCLUDING THE SITES) OR PRODUCTS, YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCESS AND USE. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY AND CAPACITY TO ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT. YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OF SUFFICIENT LEGAL AGE IN YOUR JURISDICTION OR RESIDENCE TO USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS AND TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS, YOU SHOULD DISCONNECT YOUR PRODUCTS FROM YOUR ACCOUNT AND CEASE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
AS DESCRIBED BELOW, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO AUTOMATIC SOFTWARE UPDATE OF THE SERVICES AND OF THE PRODUCTS CONNECTED TO THE SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Products, the Services or these Terms, please contact SeeScan.
3855 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123-1813
Using Our Services
SeeScan Services are the property of SeeScan or SeeScan’s licensors. We grant you limited, non-exclusive, revocable permission to make use of SeeScan Services (“Access”). This Access shall remain in effect until and unless terminated by you or SeeScan. You promise and agree that you are using SeeScan Services for your own personal or commercial use and that you will not redistribute or transfer SeeScan Services.
SeeScan software applications are not sold or transferred to you, and SeeScan and its licensors retain ownership of all copies of SeeScan software applications even after installation on your personal computers, mobile handsets, tablets, wearable devices, speakers, and/or other devices (“Devices”).
All SeeScan trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of the SeeScan and SeeSnake brands (“SeeScan Brand Features”) are the sole property of SeeScan or its licensors. The Agreements do not grant you any rights to use any SeeScan Brand Features whether for commercial or non-commercial use.
You agree to abide by our User guidelines and not to use SeeScan Services in any manner not expressly permitted by the Agreements. Except for the rights expressly granted to you in the Agreements, SeeScan grants no right, title, or interest to you in SeeScan Services.
Third party software (for example, open source software libraries) included in SeeScan Services are made available to you under the relevant third party software library’s license terms as published in the help or settings section of our desktop and mobile client.
User Generated Content
You may post, upload, or otherwise share content via email or via the Third Party Application (which may include, for example, video, pictures, text, messages, information, descriptions and compilations, and/or other types of content) (“User Content”). User Content is limited to media captured with SeeSnake equipment or other peripheral equipment, such as your mobile device or camera, necessary to fulfill the service(s) of your business or practice.
You promise that, with respect to any User Content you share using the Apps, (1) you own or have the right to post such User Content, and (2) such User Content does not violate the Agreements or any other rights set forth within the User guidelines, applicable law, or the intellectual property, publicity, or other rights of others or imply any affiliation with or endorsement of you or your User Content by SeeScan or any entity or individual without express written consent from SeeScan or such individual or entity.
You are solely responsible for all User Content that you post. SeeScan is not responsible for User Content nor does it endorse any opinion contained in any User Content. YOU AGREE THAT IF ANYONE BRINGS A CLAIM AGAINST SeeScan RELATED TO USER CONTENT THAT YOU POST, THEN, TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER LOCAL LAW, YOU WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SeeScan HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS) ARISING OUT OF SUCH CLAIM.
Third Party Applications and Services
Apps are integrated with or may otherwise interact with third party applications, websites, and services (“Third Party Applications”). These Third Party Applications may have their own terms and conditions of use and privacy policies and your use of these Third Party Applications will be governed by and subject to such terms and conditions and privacy policies. You understand and agree that SeeScan does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the behavior, features, or content of any Third Party Application or for any transaction you may enter into with the provider of any such Third Party Applications, nor does SeeScan warrant the compatibility or continuing compatibility of the Third Party Applications with the Apps.
The following Third Party Applications are integrated with or used in conjunction with SeeScan Services. Please review their terms and conditions and privacy policies:
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/t/terms
- Dropbox – https://www.dropbox.com/terms
The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever:
- sharing or redistributing content which is not expressly permitted under the Agreements or applicable law or which otherwise infringes intellectual property rights (such as copyright);
- using SeeScan Services to import or copy any local files that you do not have the legal right to import or copy in this way;
- reverse-engineering, decompiling, disassembling, modifying, or creating derivative works of SeeScan Services except to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- circumventing any technology used by SeeScan, its licensors, or any third party to protect the Service;
- selling, renting, sublicensing, or leasing of any part of SeeScan Services;
- circumventing any territorial restrictions applied by SeeScan or its licensors;
Please respect SeeScan and the other users of SeeScan Services. Don’t engage in any activity, post or share any User Content, or register and/or use a username, which is or includes material that:
- is offensive, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, or obscene;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or proprietary rights of SeeScan or a third party;
- includes your password or purposely includes any other user’s password or purposely includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user’s access to the Service;
- is intended to or does harass or bully other users;
- impersonates or misrepresents your affiliation with another user, person, or entity, or is otherwise fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailings or other forms of spam (“spam”), junk mail, chain letters, or similar;
- involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes, that are not expressly authorized by SeeScan;
- links to, references, or otherwise promotes commercial products or services, except as expressly authorized by SeeScan;
- interferes with or in any way disrupts SeeScan Services, tampers with, breaches, or attempts to probe, scan, or test for vulnerabilities in the Services or SeeScan’s computer systems, network, usage rules, or any of SeeScan’s security components, authentication measures or any other protection measures applicable to the Service, the Content or any part thereof; or
- conflicts with the Agreements, as determined by SeeScan.
You acknowledge and agree that sharing any User Content that violates these User guidelines (or that SeeScan reasonably believes violates these User guidelines) may result in immediate termination or suspension of your SeeScan account. You also agree that SeeScan may reclaim your username where it is reasonable for us to do so, including if you have violated the Agreements.
Please be thoughtful about how you use SeeScan Services and what you share. SeeScan Services include social and interactive features, including the ability to post User Content, share content, and make certain information about you public. Remember that shared or publicly available information may be used and re-shared by other users across the web, so please use SeeScan services carefully and be mindful of your account settings. SeeScan has no responsibility for your choices to post or share material.
Your password protects your user account, and you are solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and secure. You understand that you are responsible for all use (including any unauthorized use) of your username and password. If your username or password is lost or stolen, or if you believe there has been unauthorized access to your account by a third party, you must notify us immediately and change your password as soon as possible.
For customer questions, please submit an email to our Customer Service department using the Customer Service contact form. We will use reasonable effort to respond to all Customer Support Queries within a reasonable time frame but we make no promises that any Customer Support Queries will be responded to within any particular time frame and/or that we will be able to answer any such queries.
Thank you for reading our Terms of Service. If you have any questions, please contact through our support form or by phone: +1 (858) 224-3300.
3855 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123-1813