For light cleaning, use a soft, damp cloth to wipe down the drum. You can use a disinfectant if desired.
Before beginning a deeper cleaning, disconnect the system cable from the digital reporting monitor.
- Set the reel on its feet and and put the camera inside the drum.
- Fill the bottom of the drum with lukewarm water and a mild detergent. Do not fill the drum with water while the reel is on its back.
- Spin the drum to loosen debris and when finished, tip the drum opening down to empty the water.
- In a large area, pull the push cable completely out of the drum. Do not try to coil the push cable outside of the drum.
- Use a hose to clean the empty drum.
- Thoroughly dry the drum and run a rag over the push cable while you push it back into the drum.
Notice: high pressure water can damage the seals that protect the electronics inside the drum.