SeeSnake CS65 Support
The SeeSnake® CS65 digital reporting monitor generates professional, high-quality multimedia reports for every inspection, eliminating time consuming post-processing. The CS65 features a user-replaceable 1 TB hard drive and dual USB ports so you can record to multiple devices simultaneously, bypassing the extra steps of loading media and editing jobs on a PC after the fact.
The CS65 automatically records everything to the internal hard drive ensuring that you always have a copy and record of your inspections. With its dual recording capability you have a copy for yourself and up to 2 copies saved on USB drives to give to customers or import into the free HQ Software.
The CS65 is easy to use in even the most demanding work environments. The built-in splash-proof keyboard means that, in addition to adding notes to captures and recordings, you can quickly enter your company’s contact information, job location, and customer details into reports. Easily view captured media and reports on the 165 mm [6.5 in] daylight-viewable screen. Do more inspections in less time with one-touch recording and automatic report generation.
The CS65 comes with an Operator’s Manual which includes complete operation instructions. The CS65 manual can also be found online by clicking the link below:
- The CS65 will help you organize your inspections by grouping all the associated still photos, Photo Talk, videos, Autolog videos, text notes, jobsite, and customer information into what we call a Job. Jobs give you a convenient way to transfer inspection data from the CS65, and they form the basis for creating Reports both in the CS65 and in the associated HQ software.
- As you work with your CS65, Jobs are automatically assembled on the internal hard drive as well as any USB thumb drive plugged into the CS65. The media and information you collect during the inspection process is all included, to make inspection report organization easy to understand and automatic.
Yes, the CS65 contains a built-in 1 Terabyte capacity hard drive to save your inspection jobs to automatically. You can also plug in the included USB flash drive into either of the dual USB ports, so you can record and sync to multiple devices simultaneously.
- After closing current Jobs and finalizing a Report, remove the thumb drive from the CS65 and insert it into a USB port on a computer to view the list of files.
- Double-click the file named report.html to view the media in a web browser. Click on the preview of each media item in the web browser to view full size photos and to playback video and Autolog video.
- If you have the free SeeSnake HQ Software installed on your computer, you can open it to automatically import CS65 jobs from a USB thumb drive. We have designed both the CS65 and SeeSnake HQ to work together in order to provide you and your customer with easy-to-use and powerful reporting and distribution options.
- You can transfer your Jobs to SeeSnake HQ by simply plugging the USB drive that you utilized with the CS65 into your SeeSnake HQ-ready computer. When you open SeeSnake HQ, it will automatically ask you if you’d like to import your Jobs. You can download the free software here: SeeSnake HQ
To record video:
- Press the Video Key to start recording a video. Press the Microphone Mute Key to record video without audio. To stop the Video recording, press the Video Key one more time. To Pause the video, press the Select key.
To record Autolog video:
- Recording an Autolog Video is a great way to capture a highly compressed video of your entire inspection. An Autolog Video recording saves screen images at a lower frame rate than standard video, which results in a smaller file size. The smaller files make transferring and archiving your videos faster and easier. During an Autolog Video recording the audio will record continuously even at the reduced frame rate.
- Press the Autolog Key once to start recording an Autolog Video. Press the Autolog Key a second time to stop the recording. You can capture additional photos and/or higher-quality video clips while recording an Autolog Video in the background by pressing the Photo Key or the Video Key.
To take a Photo
- To take a Photo, press the Photo Key. This will capture a still picture of whatever is on your screen, and add it to the current job.
To record a Photo Talk
- Photo Talk allows you to take a photo and then add audio commentary. To record a Photo Talk, long press (3< seconds) the Photo key . After 90 seconds of audio recording the system prompts you to save or continue recording.
To add a note:
- Press the Text Key. This will open up the Note screen where you enter your note using the onscreen CS65 keyboard. When you are done, press the Select Key to save the note.
Detailed operation instructions:
For more detailed instructions on how to operate the SeeSnake CS65, please see the included Operators Manual. The CS65 Manuals can also be found online by clicking the links below:
This is usually caused by your USB drive. Try using a different brand of thumb drive and make sure you format it the drive in FAT32 format using your computer before use.
We recommend USB drives with the following:
- USB 2.0
- 4GB or higher capacity
- Formatted in FAT32 format. See this video on how to format a thumb drive: https://youtu.be/lcmxZD0PNAY