Over-the-Air Updates for SeeSnake CSx Series Monitors – iOS
RIDGID® SeeSnake® CSx series monitors can be updated with the HQx Live mobile app, giving you a convenient way to keep your monitor up-to-date. New updates become available as they are released – no USB required.
Note: The monitor must be running version 1409 or later to use this feature. If you are running an earlier version, you will need to update the monitor’s software using HQ or by direct download. Visit our page on updating CSx software to learn more.
How it Works
- HQx Live automatically downloads the latest monitor software when it is released.*
- Under the Updates menu in HQx Live, tap “Wi-Fi only” to switch between downloading updates over Wi-Fi only, cellular data, or to disable automatic downloading.
- HQx Live transfers any downloaded software the next time you connect to your monitor’s Wi-Fi. Follow the prompts on the monitor to complete installation.
*In order for automatic downloading to work, Background App Refresh needs to be enabled on your device. Open your device’s Settings, select General, and then Background App Refresh. Ensure Background App Refresh is enabled for HQx Live.
If you disable automatic downloads, you can download monitor software manually.
- Open HQx Live and go to the Menu.
- Under Updates, find your monitor and tap to download the update.
- When the download has finished, connect your mobile device to the monitor’s Wi-Fi.
- The update transfers to your monitor automatically. Follow the prompts on the monitor to complete installation.