Updating SeeSnake Software
This article describes how to update the software on original RIDGID® SeeSnake® pipe inspection monitors.
You can update the software for SeeSnake monitors through SeeSnake HQ software. Some monitors can be updated manually through direct download. Read the instructions below for the method you are using to update your monitor.
You will need a USB drive to update your monitor. The drive must have FAT32 formatting, 2 GB of available space, and a capacity less than 32 GB.
1. Open HQ on a PC.
2. Click the Update button in the top-right corner and select the product.
3. Follow the steps in HQ.
1. Insert a USB drive into the computer.
The drive must have FAT32 formatting, 2 GB of available space, and a capacity less than 32 GB.
2. Click the button to download the latest software update.
3. Extract the contents of the ZIP file into the root directory of the inserted USB.
4. Safely eject the USB drive from the computer and insert it into your monitor.
5. Power on the monitor and follow the on-screen prompts.
The process will take several minutes and the monitor reboots several times. The monitor alerts you when installation is complete.