How to Set Primary Storage on the SeeSnake CS12x
Read this article to learn how to set primary storage on the RIDGID® SeeSnake® CS12x Wi-Fi enabled monitor.
What is primary storage?
The CS12x’s primary storage is the drive where open jobs are saved automatically. That means whenever your primary storage is inserted, all of your inspection media – your photos, PhotoTalk™ media, videos, and Autolog videos – is saved onto the drive without any extra work required.
What can I set as primary storage?
You can set the primary storage to be an inserted SSD or USB drive. When you set primary storage, the CS12x remembers the drive after it has been removed and will recognize it as primary storage once it has been reinserted.
How to Set an Inserted Drive as Primary Storage
- Press the Job Manager key.
- Scroll down to USB Options for the drive you want to use and press the Select key.
- Scroll down to Save as primary storage and press the Select key.
Additional Primary Storage Settings
Autodetect Primary Storage
By default, the CS12x autodetects the primary storage whenever it’s inserted. You can turn this setting off by opening the Job Manager, scrolling down to Job Settings, and changing Autodetect primary storage to No.
Change Minimum Drive Capacity of Primary Storage
When no primary storage is saved, the CS12x prompts you to save an inserted SSD or USB drive that meets the minimum drive capacity as primary storage. To change this setting, follow these steps:
- Open the Job Manager.
- Scroll down to Job Settings and press the Select key.
- Scroll down to Show advanced autodetect settings and press the Select key.
- Scroll down to Minimum drive capacity and press the Select key.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to choose the minimum drive capacity you want to use and press the Select key.
Note: The user interface displays an SSD icon for any inserted drive that meets the minimum drive capacity, including USB drives.